• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

river thames middle section help

Hi guys i'm heading down the thames in a few weeks after years of not fishing there i'm looking for advice on the area around walton on thames to desborough cut any helpful tips would be great i've looked on google earth looks nice around there cheers guys tightlines :):)

Hi Simon,
The Thames in this, my local area, has been very hard going over the last 2 or 3 seasons. If there's no flow, which is usually the case, then you'll struggle. Hopefully you'll prove me wrong. I can pm you some specific swim/parking info if that's any help.

Been walking around Dessie/Vandals island a fair bit lately and it seems to be a favourite spot for EE's. Lots of litter, bonfires and signs of fish being cooked on the bank so i would give the area a miss. Have a look between Walton bridge and hampton court. Aragon Avenue used to be a good spot but again, plenty of EE's fish here now and the fishing has been poor over recent seasons. Used to be some good spots between Cherry Orchard Road and the Weir pub but these have now been occupied by river gypsies.

You will find EE parasites cooking fish on the bank on any free section of the Thames. Only way to go is through a club if you want to avoid them.

Back