• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Severn campsites

Ian Grant

Senior Member & Supporter
I'm asking for a friend who lives in Cornwall, and fancies a few days fishing the Severn in September, he plans on camping but hasn't any idea of campsites where decent Barbel fishing is close by .... Neither do i ! so i can't help him, but i thought you guys would bound to know of one or two !
Cheers
Ian
( posted on the Severn rivers page too )

It's not me Kevin, it's a friend, i think he's thinking of the Union Inn at Hampton Loade, but he's not going until September, so any suggestions are welcome, he moved to Cornwall some years back, and has had very little chance to get any Barbel fishing in, and fancied a week camping, and fishing the Severn as he'd never fished it.

I'm asking for a friend who lives in Cornwall, and fancies a few days fishing the Severn in September, he plans on camping but hasn't any idea of campsites where decent Barbel fishing is close by .... Neither do i ! so i can't help him, but i thought you guys would bound to know of one or two !
Cheers
Ian
( posted on the Severn rivers page too )
That would more than likely be my first port of call, it's good fishing, big carp and barbel have been caught from there. I had my PB barbel from there also @ 10lb 1oz, the campsite can get a bit packed in the height of the summer.

It's not me Kevin, it's a friend, i think he's thinking of the Union Inn at Hampton Loade, but he's not going until September, so any suggestions are welcome, he moved to Cornwall some years back, and has had very little chance to get any Barbel fishing in, and fancied a week camping, and fishing the Severn as he'd never fished it.

Yeah that's probably a good shout , nice and close to the river and a pub nearby.

My Mrs wants to go to the Unicorn for bank holiday weekend but I've been researching and I reckon it'll get too crowded and we should lave that one till September ... if anyone else has a suggestion where we can camp behind the peg on severn, and where dogs are welcome on lead , please let me know by p-m.

Some great days in Oct through till christmas on the unicorn. Barely a person on the camp site midweek and plenty of river to go at. Showers and toilets on site. Went over the weekend and it was full and loud as anything. Pushed on a field and caught a few but had loads of people coming down the peg rotten drunk. Can't be a$$€d with all that so I won't go back until it's quiet.

you could try monford bridge little camp site on the river there

Back