• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Rother

Dennis Poole

Hi lads ,just wondered if anyone has any experience of the river rother thinking of joining next season any ideas of stretches clubbs ect ,target species being mainly chubb and barbel need a change of scenery,any help much appreciated.

I,m sure the one i,ve been looking at has a place called coultershawe mill i may be wrong,im based in essex and the drive was around 2 hours for me .

Hello Denis,
The one you are looking at is the Western Rother in West Sussex.
The top stretches are mainly Roach, Dace, Grayling, and Trout, and are controled by Petersfield AC, Steadham AC, and Rother AC.
The middle area is mainly down to Brown Trout syndicates.
The lower stretches, this includes Coultershaw, have mainly chub, dace, barbel, bream, and carp, and are cntroled by Petworth and Bognor AC and Pulborough AC.

ATB
Colin

Cheers Colin ,yes been on petworth and bognor website think this could be a good starting point,a new challange will be nice.

Back