• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Mole

Tim Pilcher

Hi all, I’m looking into clubs on the Mole. I’ve only fished the Cobham stretch but around dorking / brockham would be closer for me. Worth a crack at the barbs round there? Any hints on which club would be greatly appreciated. Just getting the river buzz back after a lengthy lay off. TIA x

Hi all, I’m looking into clubs on the Mole. I’ve only fished the Cobham stretch but around dorking / brockham would be closer for me. Worth a crack at the barbs round there? Any hints on which club would be greatly appreciated. Just getting the river buzz back after a lengthy lay off. TIA x
Dorking, Brockham and Carshalton all have water around that area.

I used to fish at Cobham years ago and had some good barbel, not sure if they are about in the numbers they were about 10-15 years ago, and Dorking and Brockham never seemed to have the numbers they had at Cobham. Does anyone know who controls the fishing at Cobham now, as Cobham Court merged with Feltham and Twickenham , but FTPS have dropped that stretch now.

The stretch I fished was controlled by calpac
I know that bit, under the road by Manor pond. Still owned by CALPAC as far as I know. Cobham Court waters were the other side of Portsmouth Road and were about 7 miles in length. Great fishing, but long walks, and parking got a bit of a problem, hence the lack of use and the club dropping it.

Hi Tim
Welcome to the forum.
Sadly the Mole isn’t what it used to be many years ago but still holds some decent fish.
The Dorking stretch is controlled by Dorking Angling Society and you could call in at Fullers tackle shop in Dorking as they issue the memberships l( or did when I was a member)
Brockham is worth a look but not a lot of river to fish.
Let us know how you get on.

Back