• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Mole or Wey help please if possible

Gents,
Thanks to those who helped with my previous River Kennet questions.. I'm returning to barbel fishing after an 8 year break and got some good advice on the current state of my old Thatcham stretches and have re-joined TAA.
I now live on the South coast and have also been looking for alternatives that are closer to me than the Kennet. The Rother is close to where I live but the barbel are now large but few and far between as far as I can make out, a bit like the Kennet.
I'm now considering the Mole or Wey, neither of which I've ever fished.. There seem to be lots of clubs to choose from and I wondered if someone might point me in the right direction? I'm not looking for big fish but ideally somewhere where the numbers of fish might be a bit higher than appears to be the case on the Kennet or Rother nowadays.. (Too far to go to the Wye on a weekly basis!)
Hoping someone can help..
Robin

Back