• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Lot, France

Cliff Turner

Senior Member & Supporter
Cant quite remember how I booked two weeks in France starting on June 16th but i did !! Were in the Aveyron region of France in a property that has river frontage on the Lot, in the pictures the river looks a decent size and I know they've had lots of rain in the last month so should be ok. Has anyone ever fished the river in this region ?

Cant quite remember how I booked two weeks in France starting on June 16th but i did !! Were in the Aveyron region of France in a property that has river frontage on the Lot, in the pictures the river looks a decent size and I know they've had lots of rain in the last month so should be ok. Has anyone ever fished the river in this region ?
Can't help with any tips as sadly never fished the Lot, BUT would love to know what condition the river is in when you go there Cliff ie do the French allow their magnificent rivers to be blighted by pollution and extraction as we do in the UK??

There was a chap on here that posted pictures of the River Lot on here ( search 'photos of river scenes' thread on BFW ) but as Sod's law would have it, he is now showing as a deleted member. At least you should be able to see some pics of areas that he fished.

There was a chap on here that posted pictures of the River Lot on here ( search 'photos of river scenes' thread on BFW ) but as Sod's law would have it, he is now showing as a deleted member. At least you should be able to see some pics of areas that he fished.
I looked him up Dave with the same result, I think it was Steve and also Clive both lived in France and both now left, strange

I seem to recall that there was a strongly held difference of opinion in a discussion within this forum. Perhaps that is the reason they have left? IIRC, both seemed to be aggrieved at some of the comments made….

Dave

A lot of barbel in this river, I happened to catch fish after fish until exhaustion...
No barbel specimen but very big carp and catfish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 127
Clive does still live in France and has a great depth and knowledge of many rivers in northern England,including the mighty little River Dearne .

Hi chaps, on my way back from the Aveyron region of France, beautiful rural France with stunning villages and fantastic birds of prey in numbers. No barbel to report but the carp fishing was amazing albeit I was ill prepared with my 1.25 travel rod and 8lb line ! Stayed in a beautiful Gite that backed on to the river, happy to provide details if anyone interested.

Attachments

• 9C649CA1-6698-4013-B39D-7828748D13EA.jpeg
    9C649CA1-6698-4013-B39D-7828748D13EA.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 109
Back