• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Hull

Keith Humphreys

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi people I am traveling to Beverley near Hull for a course on Sunday and was wondering if anyone has any info on the access and fishing on the River Hull which I am lead to believe has Barbel in it.

Any help much appreciated.

Keith

Hi Keith, free fishing for the most part but barbel thin on the ground by all accounts these days due to predation including seal visits.

Easy access spots around Beverley, park behind your swim on the shipyard stretch (close to the municipal tip at Weel) or Hull Bridge which has the advantage of you being able to do the pub quiz at the Crown and Anchor pub on the opposite bank during the warmer months with the windows open!

Both areas free fishing. Loads of silvers, perch, some decent bream, ide, escapee trout and a barbel if you get (very) lucky.

Thanks for the info guys:)

Fished the Hull on thursday morning at the shipyard bridge loads of weed rafts coming down making fishing difficult.
I f you are thinking of fishing for barbel be prepared for a tough time barbel are pretty rare on the Hull these days If you listen to what the majority are saying and i belive this to be true some say odd fish are being caught but they may be herrings of the red variety.
I fish the Hull for anything thats willing to bite although i would love to catch a barbel probably more chance of a lottery jackpot win but It doesnt stop people trying.
Tickton was surposed to be the hot spot for barbel years ago and remains a good bet for a few fish roach ,perch and bream mainly and chance of spotting a seal.

Back