• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Gade

James Worley

Hello all

just tried to start a new thread in the Rivers section but it wont let me for some reason, perhaps Andy or one of the mods can for me.

About 6.15pm this evening I decided to give a local Little River a go ( the River Gade running through Cassiobury Park ).

was only there for an hour had 2 Barbel out!!!!

one was about 3 - 4lbs and the other about 8lbs!!!, am in total shock and very chuffed.

Wow the Gade a blast from the past, I fished that lots when I were a lad lol Plenty of Chub and silver fish never heard of a Barbel in there. It joins the grand Union at the bottom of the Croxley stretch....

Brian

Nice one James.

Croxley and Cassiobury park were my regular venues back in the early 80's during my teens, the only thing with barbules back in those days were the gudgeon :D. Our paths may have crossed at some time Brian.

Cheers
Jas

Hello all

just tried to start a new thread in the Rivers section but it wont let me for some reason, perhaps Andy or one of the mods can for me.

About 6.15pm this evening I decided to give a local Little River a go ( the River Gade running through Cassiobury Park ).

was only there for an hour had 2 Barbel out!!!!

one was about 3 - 4lbs and the other about 8lbs!!!, am in total shock and very chuffed.

Hi James,
You can't start new threads in the rivers section, contact Paul Whiteing by PM he'll sort it out for you.

Ian.

River Gade added for you James

paul4

Jason

I actually missed my Physics CSE exam in preference to the opening day 16th June on the Gade. Makes me wonder why I never made it as a scientist :p

Brian

Something that I'm required to change the rules of on a daily basis at work. Now how can I wangle this river into my itinerary?

Hi All,

The Grand Union in Cassiobury remains a club water, above the bridge it is members only, below the bridge it is day ticket, the bridge is the one in the park that goes over the Lock (Gade bridge just before it).

The Gade in Cassiobury Park is still free fishing, some Barbel in there but mainly in the 2-5lb range, some bigger ones for sure and 8lb definitely but I simply don't believe some of the stories I hear especially when I see the obligatory "phone photo" to justify the size being claimed!

Been there a few times this season and some of the tackle / set up's are unbelievable, but they catch a few fish 

The place is paved with Crays though!

Cheers,

Steven

In case of Ronnie and Reggie which never frequented the river in "my day" has it had an effect on the perch sizes? as on the Great Ouse?

Brian

Not that I'm aware of Brian, the River has been encroached by reedbeds a lot over recent year and in places is no more than 3ft wide, it's also quite shallow so not a lot of Perchy looking spots, even the small weirs are shallow so not much to go at. I'm sure there are a couple of larger specimens but not large numbers. If anything I'd say the Chub will benefit the most from the Crays 

Cheers,

Steven

well been back twice now, same time 6 - 7.30pm, blanked 1st time and last night had a chub of around 2 lbs.
Looking forward to going again though.

Back