• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Dove

James Cain

Hi,

Thinking about giving the Dove a go this year at Doveridge on a club ticket. Not been and looked at the river yet, i've only ever really fished the Dane, Goyt and Ribble.

Is the Dove more suited to 1 rod or is it big enough for two?

Thanks,
James

One tip I can give. Its is very easy to get lost on there at night if you walk to bottom fields when the mist rolls in. There is a tractor track runs across the fields follow that not the river will get you back to field below car park. Had most success in 3rd field were it goes to the right big tree on bend

haha yeah ill bear that in mind dont fancy ending up wandering around the middle of the fields! Cheers gonna give it a good walk first

“Lost” my car up there once after an into dark session,found it eventually after walking back upstream and starting back again,not funny then but I can smile about it now 😊😊 (it was a small black Clio and it was very dark)

“Lost” my car up there once after an into dark session,found it eventually after walking back upstream and starting back again,not funny then but I can smile about it now 😊😊 (it was a small black Clio and it was very dark)
I got lost walked all the way down to the rusting tractor swim. Lucky I was with 2 mates who were in different swims on way back came to find me about 2 am. Them cows can be rite little sh@tes as well

Trevor - when you shouted "Nicole" (assuming that was the car's name), did an eerily distant woman's voice should "Papa"? 🤣

Back