• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Clyde barbel

Someone pull out the tent pegs and chuck the big top in the van, Wagons Ho!

A very impressive catch, pity about the note about some anglers killing barbel though. I suppose the prejudice of some anglers still exists.

A very impressive catch, pity about the note about some anglers killing barbel though. I suppose the prejudice of some anglers still exists.

Very much so Stuart some idiots still think that the barbel compete with the salmon that have returned to the clyde and are just plain & simply ignorant, There is a bunch of guys who fish for the barbel which I know well and they are slowly educating the game anglers, Its midclyde angling that is taking the lead on highlighting the plight of the barbel guys up north.

Like the floats, they look terrific!

Thanks Jim, just a hobby I like to do to unwind.

Good luck to the Clyde Barbel Anglers and the members of Mid Clyde Angling Association for their attempts at educating the game lads.....My one wish is that the Barbel Fishers of the Clyde adopt a lower profile for photographing their catch !!!

Back