• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River chair

75 quid is somewhat taking the pee but this looks like it'd make a decent river chair:

FX Combo Chair FX Combo Chair

Would be better with a different back leg set up but on the right lines.

Not a chair that I could possibly use. The description is all about how wonderful it is in bivvy situations, inside the bivvy, outside the bivvy, in the middle of the bivvy. On that basis it lacks that little bit of "Je ne sais quoi," not something for the discerning barbel angler. If I saw a chap sitting in one of these chairs on the bank, I would give him a wide berth as it would imply bivvy type.

Bit expensive - most chairs can be converted into 'bedchair buddys' or 'river chairs' by simply taking the back legs off with the plus side it saves a bit of weight!

Not a chair that I could possibly use. The description is all about how wonderful it is in bivvy situations, inside the bivvy, outside the bivvy, in the middle of the bivvy. On that basis it lacks that little bit of "Je ne sais quoi," not something for the discerning barbel angler. If I saw a chap sitting in one of these chairs on the bank, I would give him a wide berth as it would imply bivvy type.

Spot on again Jim, that could be the final missing item that that I have been looking for all this time to finally and positively identify potential bivvie anglers....your priceless nugget of information could end a very long search for me mate.

The initial clue I had worked out a while back....that was the friggin great bivvie sat on the bank behind them. However, armed with your ingenious method of identifying these deviants, I need only wait for the angler to fall asleep on his bed chair...then nip along, and a quick search of his bivvie will either reveal a "Jenny said koi" thing you mentioned, or it won't. Great work Jim, I think we can safely say we are well on the way to nailing these simple minded miscreants.

Cheers, Dave.

Spot on again Jim, that could be the final missing item that that I have been looking for all this time to finally and positively identify potential bivvie anglers....your priceless nugget of information could end a very long search for me mate.

The initial clue I had worked out a while back....that was the friggin great bivvie sat on the bank behind them. However, armed with your ingenious method of identifying these deviants, I need only wait for the angler to fall asleep on his bed chair...then nip along, and a quick search of his bivvie will either reveal a "Jenny said koi" thing you mentioned, or it won't. Great work Jim, I think we can safely say we are well on the way to nailing these simple minded miscreants.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave you idot! thats just french for padding!

Back