• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rip ian Macmillan

Never met the chap but knew him by reputation. Never heard a bad word against him. Apparently it was the big C that claimed him at an age when he had a lot of living still to be done. RIP Iain.

Attachments

• 9FEB9A1C-00C2-44D8-816C-3E071083CDE1.jpeg
    9FEB9A1C-00C2-44D8-816C-3E071083CDE1.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 295
Such awful news. I met Iain years ago at a charity fish in. A really nice chap he can't have been any age. Thoughts are with his family. R.I.P.

Iain was 50 and died of bowel cancer. He did a Korda podcast at the start of last year which is well worth a watch/listen.

Very sad, RIP.

Hi men
He had just started a new series of videos about places he fished , I'm afraid time caught up with him , sad , RIP

Hatter

I didn't know Ian but this is very sad news and I offer my condolences to his family and friends.

Unfortunately the NHS don't offer screening for Bowel Cancer until 60 (although they are aiming to reduce this to 50 over the next few years). Its worth getting it done every year when you qualify - you can do it by post with a small sample (if you put this stuff in the post for any other reason it could be an arrestable offence!!!)

Caught early bowel cancer can be cured. Caught late it has one of the worst prognoses of any cancer.

Do yourself a favour, get screened (if you can) and look after yourself and your family.

I had my screening done earlier this year. Poo on a stick and send it off. Mine came back with abnormalities and I had to have the camera. Not pleasant, but not something to bother about. Luckily, I was all clear. I’m 56.

Don’t anyone be put off with the thought of a camera possibly being put up your jacksie, I had it done a couple of years ago, it really isn’t that bad and it can save your life. Afterwards, you can always slip the images into the family photo album for a bit of light relief.

Yes. Experienced the camera in the last few months. Biopsy samples all good thankfully.

Got quite high breathing the gas.

Just waiting results of nuclear testing.

Back