• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

RIP Chris Ball

Met him back in February when he gave a talk in Swanley. His enthusiasm was contagious. RIP Chris

I am so sad
Chris was one of life`s lovely Human beings I first met Chris 49 years ago in a pub in shepperton he was the regional BCSG officer and enrolled me in to the group
and we stayed friends ever since
he was a true inspiration to so many always ready to help and a walking encyclopedia of carp fishing history a passionate dedicated carp angler and his writings and talks will be sorely missed a real Legend he has truly left his mark and will be remembered
I hope he is chatting to Len & Hutchy etc and all the other guys round some pond was a privilege RIP mate

Was sad to hear about his passing. Seemed a genuinely nice bloke , with an infectious enthusiasm for his sport. Watched many of his surface fishing videos which were really enjoyable. Shame. RIP.

Back