• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rigmarole Hydrolink

Matthew Collier

Hi

I've just bought some of this hook-link braid after reading some really good reviews :). Just tied a few rigs but found it appears to have more memory than an African Elephant with a high IQ :(. All the reviews I read before purchase were saying how easy it is to straight with your fingers, no need for steaming or anything. But I just can't get it to straighten no matter what I do :mad: and am so frustrated as I don't think I can use it cos it will just loop up off the bottom of the river and totally ruin presentation :mad:

I know alot of you guys use it so was wondering if I'm doing anything wrong, or do I have a bad batch or something do you think:confused:

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Jas. I managed to straighten it with steam over the kettle, not s'posed to be necessary but heho. I liked the sound of it cos with a inner core of fluoro I figured it would sink better and hug bottom more than most braids, the colour seems more 'gravel like' than most braids and I like the idea that the fluoro bit can be pulled out so I dont have to rely on the fluoro's knot quality (or lack of).

What was your experience of it? and what you tend to use now?

Cheers

Matt

I did the same, bought it on the account of some good reviews. Not very impressed at all, and havent used it since!

I was put onto it by a fellow WBC member and I used it for all my Thames fishing this Autumn and loved it.

Seems pretty bullet proof and def sinks v. well and gives a true combi effect of stiff vs supple, as you have discovered though it does need steaming though.

Back