• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ribble barbel

James Lally

hi i'm new to this, would welcome any info on barbel fishing on the river ribble, i would be greatful of info on bait, tackle, methods and stretches upstream from the m6 preston junction up towards ribchester,thanx in advance

Just use the search bar, plenty of info on ere.Baits Boilie and pellet, stretches there’s lots of day tickets , again search. Rods 1.75 or 2lb dependent on conditions , 12lb line , Good Luck

If you look into the Rivers section, you can see posts from this season, all way back to maybe 2015. Should give you good ideas etc. Not my river so cant comment.

What club tickets do you have and sections you want to fish or are you day ticket fishingwill get you a better response .as you may see this season the number of anglers that put reports on the ribble page has fallen

thanks for the reply, i have just been invited to join the prince albert angling club, but have not yet recieved my booklet with the waters to fish, although i know they have stretches on the Ribble and Lune, i,m also interested in the free beats on the Ribble also.

I fish the ribble a lot google free stretches and a few will come up,my advice for the ribble is fish 2 hrs before dark and 3-4 after dark,ditch the feeders,use 1 rod and move swims,fish it when levels are going up ,or down when it’s been in flood ,hope this helps 👍

Back