• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rhino beam

I use rhino beam on and an ifish phone holder and use my phone with both on a buzz bar and use the self take option on phone
Rhino beam is great for the money there's nothing like it

Spot on , 👍👍👍
A good tip I can give you, in my opinion of course, is to take the pic from a little further away than you maybe would. I'm not talking 5 yards, but maybe a couple. If too close the camera flash can overpower the picture, but move it away a little and then crop the picture afterwards generally works for me. The little clip on light gives enough light to help lift the fish into position and see what you're doing. I use the whistle camera app to take the pictures :)

This is my kit, and a night time selfie taken with it last night!

Phone clips into the black holder and the little round white light clips onto the phone. Easy peesy 👍

Great picture, lovely fish Rob 👍 I didn’t know these clip on lights existed ‘till I read this...must get one to play with 😁

Last edited:
Nice and neat Rob and a good picture do you always use your phone flash or does the lamp have enough light to work on its own.
I always use the phone camera flash, but as mentioned I set the camera up a bit further away from me than I would for daytime shots, just to avoid the flash being overpowering in the photo. You can then crop it back to size. I also find taking the pic from a little further away makes the focus better.

Nice and neat Rob and a good picture do you always use your phone flash or does the lamp have enough light to work on its own.
I guess in answer to your question, those little clip on lights have 3 levels of power, I use mine on the lowest setting but maybe on full power, with a modern phone camera, it would provide enough light for a pic without flash. I guess if that was your intention the rhino light kind of thing would no doubt be better, but I get good results using flash so that's how I roll 😅 👍

Back