• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Review time. Chair

So the Chair was a bit of a fail. The mechanism for adjusting the legs isn’t all that great and eventually the legs slide back in the tube with weight on them. Not all that bad as I fixed it with a tried and trusted design (bit of welding, cutting, drilling and tapping and it works just fine.
8A375FAD-783C-4193-A13E-CFCD101D36D3.jpeg04CF22D2-07ED-4625-9CCC-602543268163.jpeg
however I will probably just keep it as a spare as I went shopping again.
this time I paid a little more attention to those legs and wanted something with a much better design to grip the tubes. Spent a bit more money too and found this fits the bill.
41CBFDA6-272C-4EF0-A481-C348C785644D.jpegFE33C147-B26A-4E2E-A6E0-B59D98C3B293.jpeg
It’s a prestige 4kg recliner. Always wanted a recliner but was put off with the usual weight issues. 4kg is ok as it’s the same as the NGT. It’s aluminium too which is nice.
it’s a bit bigger than my other chairs so I needed to make some changes as to how to attach it to my ruck bag. The reinforced Velcro loops on the bag with a couple of cable ties and clips soon transformed it into a very nice solution. Let’s see how this one goes. Adjusting legs are much better so hopefully no more problems

F39B77C9-9F90-4240-A907-3BB2606EC5D9.jpegF2E7B227-CB87-41EB-BDB1-043BC6BECA59.jpeg6D46E246-A3CD-45F1-B8B1-11E9D3A7FC2E.jpegB34D3E2E-DC7B-4377-9F47-522A358DFC3A.jpeg

I've had one of the Prestige chairs for a few years 7 find it comfy & not too heavy. The locking wheels are a bit of a problem - they can just spin off if you don't tighten them up hard when walking around. I lost one & had to buy a replacement. I've made it sort of captive by drilling a small hole right through & having a length of stiff strimmer nylon in the hole with a crimp at each end. You can slacken them off enough to adjust.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a PROPER river chair, i.e. front legs significantly longer for sloping banks. I did doctor one a few years back, still in the shed but fabric falling apart and I inherited a new one. Keep meaning to get round to making a bespoke new one.
Chub used to have a brilliant lightweight chair in their 'Hi Lite' chair which had long front legs and a complete rear frame instead of the usual straight peg like ends to the seat frame which meant you could sit comfortably on any sloped bank and also put HD pegs in front of the rear frame to prevent sliding down the bank.

Like all the best things it was discontinued :rolleyes:

Back