• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reuben Heaton 9000 Digital Scales?

Mine are in the bin, let me down more than enough times!
Can't fault their service as they replaced them the first time but the new ones were worse

Reuben Heaton or Avon dial scales are robust and accurate , I have yet to read a report of anyone been let down by them . The electronic jobs ? Some work fine , other's don't , personally I couldn't do with the possibility of them malfunctioning , but each their own

Had mine for 4 seasons, no problems at all , very accurate nice and slim , would never go back to my old avons with that needle bouncing about ,only trouble is I'd don't catch many fish to weigh :)

I have a set. The first set ate batteries like they were going out of fashion but I sent them back to RH. They replaced them FOC and gave me a cheque for £10 to cover my batteries. The second set have been going strong with the same batteries for two seasons so no problems. I've also tested the accuracy and found them to be on the money. So if it were me I'd go for it. If you get one of the duds then RH seem to acknowledge it and will happily replace.

Back