• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Research in Japan

Jim Foxall

Hi Tod,

First of all a very warm welcome. You will find some interesting and varied discussion on this Forum, some good advice and some banter which goes to make the Forum an interesting place to be.

Referring to your post. The research work carried out in Japan sounds pretty revolutionary. It's the sort of thing that I would be definitely interested in participating in. I have quite a few interesting and memorable tales and I'll right an account in the morning. I hope that I am successful and I could take you to some decent barbel stretches where we can try the kit out. It sound as though there is the potential of saving a fortune in bait. It's really good of you to share this with us.

I'm a bit disappointed that some of you think that I have been the subject of a cruel joke. I can assure you that this is not the case. I sent a p.m. to Tad last night and he sent me his mobile number. We chatted at length about his acoustic equipment and there's no doubt that this a genuine piece of kit. Tad was very upset at the response received from some members on BFW. He has threatened to withdraw his offer of the acoustic kit at 12pm. After much persuasion Tad agreed to honour his offer to supply his kits on the basis that he receives a memorable account of a day's fishing, I, for one am not prepared to miss out.

No, I have seen this stuff on TV before, it looked really good. The fish were jumping into this guys net - of course you have to be playing a certain artist through the speakers, and, smoking a particular brand of cigar to make it work though.

Sorry

Damian

Last edited:
No, I have seen this stuff on TV before, it looked really good. The fish were jumping into this guys net - of course you have to be playing a certain artist through the speakers, and, smoking a particular brand of cigar to make it work though.

Sorry

Damian

Thats what come to my mind also when I read this:D

I'm a bit disappointed that some of you think that I have been the subject of a cruel joke. I can assure you that this is not the case. I sent a p.m. to Tad last night and he sent me his mobile number. We chatted at length about his acoustic equipment and there's no doubt that this a genuine piece of kit. Tad was very upset at the response received from some members on BFW. He has threatened to withdraw his offer of the acoustic kit at 12pm. After much persuasion Tad agreed to honour his offer to supply his kits on the basis that he receives a memorable account of a day's fishing, I, for one am not prepared to miss out.

12 pm.....noon then. Hmm. Time for a special cigar then......ho hum!

;)

Hugo

12 pm.....noon then. Hmm. Time for a special cigar then......ho hum!

;)

Hugo

Special cigars, now you are talking my sort of language. My special cigars come from Cuba, if either you or Damian have access to Havana cigars, then I'm your friend for life. I can't afford UK prices!

Special cigars, now you are talking my sort of language. My special cigars come from Cuba, if either you or Damian have access to Havana cigars, then I'm your friend for life. I can't afford UK prices!

You don't want them nasty old things Jim, I have heard they are all rolled on a maidens thigh....probably all sweaty 'an 'orrible mate :p

Cheers, Dave.

Back