• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Replacement rod ring for Daiwa powermesh.

John Allan

Hi everyone..first time posting on here and I need a little help.
I took abit of a tumble on the riverbank last week and apart from a cracked rib the only damage was to a ring on my Daiwa powermesh barbel rod.
Can anyone tell me what model rings they are or can recommend a suitable replacement to match with the originals?

Many thanks

I took abit of a tumble on the riverbank last week and apart from a cracked rib the only damage was to a ring on my Daiwa powermesh barbel rod.
Can anyone tell me what model rings they are or can recommend a suitable replacement to match with the originals?

Many thanks
Hi John,
Welcome to BFW and sorry for your mishap, a cracked rib I believe is bloody painful, my Missus had one a few years ago from a fall playing netball!! (Meant to be non contact!! 😱) I’m sure you’ll be back on the bank soon with rod repaired now that Graham has put you right👍
regards
BillW

Thanks Bill, it has slowed me down a little altho it didnt stop me blanking on the Trent on Monday night. To be fair I wasnt the only one.

Thanks Richard, Ive found a supplier , Rod Rings and Things ,but emailed to ask if the they measure inside or outside diameter- Guides and Blanks seem to measure by ID which is a little fiddlier to do.

Most tip ring measurements for 'tube' diameter go up/down in size steps of 0.2 mm.
Example 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6 ............

Cheers Bob

Thanks everyone for their advice....rings ordered. Ive allowed myself a couple of spares for future use.

Many thanks
John. I rember walking from the St Pats stream to the Thames. I had the green hard Eefgo? Tackle box.

As one leg got caught on the Stile it was a case of falling on the rods or the box.
The corner of the box caught me smack in the ribs.

In real pain I soldiered on over the field znd actually managed three Thames barbel before it became too much.

Two cracked ribs diagnosed. You will know who your mates are if they try and make you laugh!

And a cough is pure agony.

I have 2 of the 2.25 Powermesh for Trent work. Great value rods with fantastic action.

Thanks Bill, it has slowed me down a little altho it didnt stop me blanking on the Trent on Monday night. To be fair I wasnt the only one.

Thanks Richard, Ive found a supplier , Rod Rings and Things ,but emailed to ask if the they measure inside or outside diameter- Guides and Blanks seem to measure by ID which is a little fiddlier to do.
That’s strange.
are you sure? I always thought the measurement on rod rings with inserts was strictly out side diameter of the insert.

Richard they use the term "ID size comparison" to compare the sizes of different brands of ring. I take that to mean Internal Diameter but I may be wrong. Rod Rings and Things say they measure rings in the same manner as you described.

Graham I can imaginehow painful that was. I had a fallen tree trunk hidden in nettles to brake my fall.

Ive just had another look at Guides & Blanks before I hit the post button. They describe measuring the ring by the outside of the insert as you say. So "ID size comparison chart" clearly means something else, although it does list measurements of different models. Confusing but I wont lose sleep over it.

Yeah I wouldn’t describe that as ID
If we forget about the frame for a second and just concentrate on the insert itself then it’s definitely the OD measurement you take.

Back