• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Repairing a tear in Muckboots

John Newman

Does anyone know if it is possible to repair a small tear in the neoprene part of a Muckboot? (Arctic Sport).

I caught it on some barbed wire hidden in undergrowth just where the neoprene joins the rubber foot section. Most of the time it is of no consequence but if i want to go a little way in the water or through a deep puddle it leaks.

Could I seal it with something or is it a write off?

Does anyone know if it is possible to repair a small tear in the neoprene part of a Muckboot? (Arctic Sport).

I caught it on some barbed wire hidden in undergrowth just where the neoprene joins the rubber foot section. Most of the time it is of no consequence but if i want to go a little way in the water or through a deep puddle it leaks.

Have a look at Mc Nett Tenacious tape and Aquasure

I did this once and did an on the bank repair with bicycle puncture repair kit I had in the car ….worked surprisingly well, started peeling after a few sessions but just kept replacing it until I got new boots. It wasn’t with cheap repair kits but the rubber strips you cut to size and a good quality weldite glue.

Back