• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Remarkable coincidence

Steve Walker

I wonder what the chances are of catching 3 barbel all weighing exactly 10lbs in a 4 hour session on the middle Trent.

Three ten pound plus fish yes. The probability of them being exactly all 10lb that's where the odds go through the roof.

Check your scales.....

That was my first thought,they are fine.

All the fish did look to me like doubles so there was no obvious discrepancy ie a 4-5 pounder weighing in at 10lbs.

I have in the past caught the same fish twice on the same day so I did think a couple of them could be a repeat capture,but on close inspection of the pics they are all different fish and they all went to 10lbs dead on.

I would think the odds of that happening must be tens of thousands to one and I doubt if it's ever been done before.Must get a lottery ticket for this weekend.:D

That was my first thought,they are fine.

All the fish did look to me like doubles so there was no obvious discrepancy ie a 4-5 pounder weighing in at 10lbs.

I have in the past caught the same fish twice on the same day so I did think a couple of them could be a repeat capture,but on close inspection of the pics they are all different fish and they all went to 10lbs dead on.

I would think the odds of that happening must be tens of thousands to one and I doubt if it's ever been done before.Must get a lottery ticket for this weekend.:D

Get one for me as well please Steve :D

Cheers, Dave.

For some reason I can't get the 3rd picture to load to photobucket but here's 2 of them,

They look like different fish to me and around the 10lb mark.The 3rd fish which I can't load on here had some mouth damage where someone had caught it on an Aberdeen 1/0.The 2 above had no mouth damage at all so it's fairly obvious to me that all 3 were different fish.

It was an enjoyable session catching 3 fish of that quality and I caught nothing else,they were the only bites I had in the session.

I might get a ticket for euromillions as well.;)

Well done Steve. I'm having trouble catching 3 barbel in a session in that area this season, never mind 3 doubles!
Regards John

Back