• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Regal z

No but I am thinking of taking a look as I have recently moved to a Caldia and a Ballistic and think they are great and very light. No baitrunner but I realised I never used it anyway on my Shimano's for Barbel.

Hi Luke, I've been using one for quite a while. It's a nice sized reel that suits fishing on small to medium sized rivers. Seems to be very good quality. The clutch seems to be very good and I have no complaints about the reel. Daiwa products are normally very good.

Cheers Nathan ! Hope your well and catching a few mate..
And yes Nic,they are ones mate..was looking at something different from shimano for a change...

Then i can clearly say your be getting a pair of very good reels then Luke, i have a pair that i have put through a lot in the past and they have never let me down when you need them, nice balance, the bait runner and clutch is very good and the best part is that you can fold down the handle when not in use ;)

Regal plus 4500 BRi . I have 5 of these . Use them for bass freelining and pike / carp / heavy feeder work .
Highly reckomend them .
Line lay can be an issue - but comes with spare washers to set spool height so variatins between braid and mono can be dealt with for spool profiling .
Excellent clutch and baitrunner - to put it in perspective they have done 3 seasons afloat bassing and survived - a pair of top of the range Shimano 10000XTE'S didn't get top second season afloat . In fack the only Shimano's that have ever made that grade are the 3500B's or their 4500B mates { stunning reels - but not easy to get in UK } .
Have a look at them - for the money - get my vote .
I think they do a smaller size as well .

Back