• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reels

paul go Ebay Item number:190745152802

2 x shimano 4500b baitrunners with paper work and boxes (1box is a little scruffy but solid)

ive listed these as new other as i think one reel was used in a shops glass display cabinet
reels have never had line on them never left the house
i brought six of these from a tackle shop that was closing down many years ago for pike fishing but these 2 have never been used so time to move them on and let some one else enjoy them
probably the best reels for pike fishing ever made !!!
one of the best reels shimano has ever made with bomb proof engineering

Just had a look at the reels. I think that I might bid on them as I see there are 140 Nectar points involved. As a bonus they do make excellent pike reels.

paul go Ebay Item number:190745152802

2 x shimano 4500b baitrunners with paper work and boxes (1box is a little scruffy but solid)

ive listed these as new other as i think one reel was used in a shops glass display cabinet
reels have never had line on them never left the house
i brought six of these from a tackle shop that was closing down many years ago for pike fishing but these 2 have never been used so time to move them on and let some one else enjoy them
probably the best reels for pike fishing ever made !!!
one of the best reels shimano has ever made with bomb proof engineering

Steve, I picked up a couple of 6000 XTEA's for £220 yesterday thanks.

Had a Suveran 3000, nice reel but the spool was a bit too narrow for my liking.
Best drag ever but expensive. secondhand you get your money back and a bit now!
I like my Daiwa 4000z baitrunners. Nice wide spool, quick fold handle and good price.
If you dont want a baitrunner the new Aero concept 4000 seems very well thought out and good size for Barbel rods.
dave

Back