• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel Opinions

In that case it might be ideal then, I’ll message the seller :)
Here’s a comparison between the 2600 and the gs 5000 the 4000,s are reall small what about daiwa ss 1600 or better still ss850 if you can find one

Attachments

• 2034642E-B20F-4520-B657-B9605C2CC11C.jpeg
    2034642E-B20F-4520-B657-B9605C2CC11C.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 188
My missus bought me a Korum Opportunist 8ft 2lb rod so im looking for a reel to couple with it.

Dont really want to spend more than £50 if I can help it.

Must be front drag.

Been looking at the Shimano 4000 ST FB and the Korum Zelos 4000 - Anyone used either of these?

Any other recommendations? Will be used as a bit of an allround rod for carp, barbel and pike, as it will be in the van as an opportunist rod
I have 3 OKUMA inception 6000 in classified ,lovely reels for less than £50

Attachments

• IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 106
Chris, do you have a GS4000?

Found one second hand for £40, are they similar in size to the ss2600 do you know?
Hi Tony - no I don't own one but was having a play in AD a while ago and whilst Rich is correct they're def lighter than an SS2600; size wise I don't think there's much in it between the GS4000 and SS2600 and its def a 'smoother' more modern reel

Check this vid out -

Watch at 1.42 to 1.47

£40 - bite his hand off!

Yes, the 6000 INCEPTION is a little heavier , but not something you would notice on the rod rest.
The INCEPTION in my opinion is also very strong ,for the price they are Brilliant .I have some for sale in classified
But I also use 3 on my rods ,the fast drag is just as good as a BAITRUNNER .

I used to buy nothing but Shimano or Daiwa ,but nowadays I always choose OKUMA
There's a big difference in price but not in Quality ,can't fault them .

Yes, the 6000 INCEPTION is a little heavier , but not something you would notice on the rod rest.
The INCEPTION in my opinion is also very strong ,for the price they are Brilliant .I have some for sale in classified
But I also use 3 on my rods ,the fast drag is just as good as a BAITRUNNER .
Depends on what they are going on Adam. It sounds like they are going on a little stalking outfit which he will probably be roaming with on a short rod. If that’s the case the lighter GS would definitely be more suitable imo.
You’ll notice a 2-3oz weight difference in a reel if your holding the rod a lot. I would think the long cast spools on the okuma 6000 would also be overkill but then the op will only know for sure what he’s looking for.

Hi Tony - no I don't own one but was having a play in AD a while ago and whilst Rich is correct they're def lighter than an SS2600; size wise I don't think there's much in it between the GS4000 and SS2600 and its def a 'smoother' more modern reel

Check this vid out -

Watch at 1.42 to 1.47

£40 - bite his hand off!
Unfortunately he had sold it the day before :(

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and for the advice give - I picked up a Fox Stratos 7000 for £20 yesterday. Too cheap to refuse tbh. Plus means I have money left over for a new net :)

Back