• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel lines, braid/mono/flouro!!!

Wayne Glossop

Hi all, just wondering what type of line everyone is spooling up with or prefer and for what reason?
I'm using mono find the it easy to work with and has never let me down! I Don't expect anyone to put makes or lb
Regards

Wayne, it might help to search the recent archives, if you can't find a thread within the last year then post the question, this one really has been done to death about every six months........

If I remember rightly it will come back with:

Braid - Powerpro
Mono - Big game, GR60, GT80, Soft Steel, Ultima, and a few others
Fluro - X-Line, Vanish, ............

Wayne, it might help to search the recent archives, if you can't find a thread within the last year then post the question, this one really has been done to death about every six months........

If I remember rightly it will come back with:

Braid - Powerpro
Mono - Big game, GR60, GT80, Soft Steel, Ultima, and a few others
Fluro - X-Line, Vanish, ............

No worries Ian, thanks, its mainly the reasons of why people have the preference of the type rather than brands. Il have a look to see if there has been a thread on this.
Thanks

Wayne if you happy with mono stick with that mate. Ian right have a look around you see its been done a few times. Just Dont start asking which landing net as Sam be back on here again lol

Wayne if you happy with mono stick with that mate. Ian right have a look around you see its been done a few times. Just Dont start asking which landing net as Sam be back on here again lol

I wasnt thinking of changing mate in happy just curious that's all mate, should have done that first but still keeps the forum busy lol. As goes for Sam well he's entitled to his opinions just like everyone else, he doesn't have to reply to my posts lol.

I'm using mono... why, because I don't like braid for Barbel fishing.

Steve

PS, I'm not far off completing a review on some Gardner mono. Keep a look out on the 'Reviews' section.

Thanks for that Steve, il keep a look out for that

I'm using mono... why, because I don't like braid for Barbel fishing.

Steve

PS, I'm not far off completing a review on some Gardner mono. Keep a look out on the 'Reviews' section.

Steve i just been reading about that mono and seems right up my street. I look forward to read your review. sounds a bit formal from me

Will we all be getting free samples :)

I use Big game 12lb clear for the big lumps on the Kennet and Loddon, and 10lb Gr 60 green on the Wye when fishing the feeder, In a flood i will use 20lb Powerpro,

Regards Ray Thorpe

Back