• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel experts?

Steve Sorrell

Hi all,
Just wondered if there are any reel experts on here that I could ask advice.
The handle on one of my bait runners appears to be very tight (binding) when winding.
I backed the tightening screw off slightly which helped but then this caused play in the handle.
Not keen on stripping it down.......just wondered if anyone knew of a quick fix?

Ta,

Steve

Sounds like the screw cap is grounding out the reel somewhere if backing it off improves the problem.
Do you want to send it to me to look at? I’m sure I’ll find the problem but I’m not a parts stockiest so I can’t guarantee I’ll fix it
More than happy to have a look.
A good place for you to start would be remove the handle and check you have all 3 of these tiny but important items shown in the pics
6CC9F4C8-3751-41C1-9D3D-6B5C4A082922.jpeg
8B3D5F23-1770-45CC-9C62-EFDF8C20F431.jpeg

Sounds like the screw cap is grounding out the reel somewhere if backing it off improves the problem.
Do you want to send it to me to look at? I’m sure I’ll find the problem but I’m not a parts stockiest so I can’t guarantee I’ll fix it
More than happy to have a look.
A good place for you to start would be remove the handle and check you have all 3 of these tiny but important items shown in the pics View attachment 16567View attachment 16568
Thanks mate.
I'll have a look in the morning and report back 😁

ATB
Steve

Hi Richard,
Stripped the handle out as you said and found this....
Removed the debris of what looks like some sort of broken locking washer and all works fine now.
Do you know if this is something I need to replace?

Steve
I Thought it sounded like your handle was grounded out.
I’m sure that will be a spare part.
Contact Felindre they are good for spares

Back