• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Red Letter Day`s....Everyone say`s..

Thanks guy`s (& gal`s)! The Ouse it wasn`t Mark, but I hope you two manage to get the Barbel bug again! Tight lines all, rivers may well be warming this week....

The 22 fish in a session is a tremendous feat on any river, but to me the absolute crux in all of this was the fact that after you'd fished four swims on one river......you then made the decision to drive to another where you then proceeded to empty it! Top dangling Shaun. :)

Hi men,

It's a great catch Shaun , you will remember that one fella , and the Ouse was a bit of humour r:p .

Barbel bug ?, might catch it again one day , but our fav barbel haunts are a pale shadow of what they were , even with people trying to drum up some kind of enthusiasm on some bits we fished for some reason ( ticket sales is my guess) . Until then carp are relighting my fire , and we ain't seen a river for a long time .

Hatter

Hi Shaun,
What a fantastic session very well done ! Love the right up as well !
Have a feeling it was on the same river as I've just had by best season on ?
Dave

Hi men,

It's a great catch Shaun , you will remember that one fella , and the Ouse was a bit of humour r:p .

Barbel bug ?, might catch it again one day , but our fav barbel haunts are a pale shadow of what they were , even with people trying to drum up some kind of enthusiasm on some bits we fished for some reason ( ticket sales is my guess) . Until then carp are relighting my fire , and we ain't seen a river for a long time .

Hatter

I'll give you the nod when its worth getting the 1.75's, and the balsam machete, out again Hatt:D:D:D

Hi men,

Cheers Terry , will deff visit the old red river next season , look in some of our old spots , just in cases.

Hatter

Don't forget the tide tables Terry, an almost 50ft tidal range in some hotspots, complete with its very own bore. :)

Now, now John... don't 'mock the afflicted'. Peace & Goodwill to all men, women, LGBT etc etc ad inf. ;)

And not forgetting the Cheese-makers .... and the Meek :D:D:D

Thanks Anthony, yes sometimes the hunch you have can pay off! But not all the time though......unfortunately. Thanks all for the kind words, makes it worth the write-up, and not just the diary entry at home. Conditions looking favourable again this week, good luck to all!!

Back