• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record price of petrol/diesel

Graham Tremble

Hi Guys,
Will this have an impact on your fishing? Normally we just grin and bare it don't we chaps, but its getting silly now.£100 :eek:to fill up with diesel isn't far away,what then?
Regards,
Graham.

Grin and bare it is all we ever do in this country, what happened to the fuel protests? We're the only country in Europe, I believe, where diesel is more expensive than petrol. I'd say its had some affect on how far I travel, but I get decent mpg from my van, so its not destroyed my fishing by any means.

I wish they`d explain this one................

3c1c5504.jpg

Aswan, Eqypt. 11p a litre.......................

I remember when I had a 1275 Mini and couldnt even get a pounds
worth of 4 star in the tank from empty.

I must be getting old.

Micky

I remember when I had a 1275 Mini and couldnt even get a pounds
worth of 4 star in the tank from empty.

I must be getting old.

Micky

Mick, i can also remember,only a quid to fill the tank of my 500 norton.......
Now retired an lucky my ole van is ok on fuel,and only drive 20 miles for my fishing,
though not so lucky,just bought a new motor......that drinks a bit more than my pension can afford,so wont run that so often:mad:

Gone are the days of four trips a year to the Wye from Bedfordshire.

ATB Howard

34p a gallon when I passed my driving test at the age of eighteen. I now live in a retirement bungalow named Done Travellin'............

started driving in 88, £34p ltr.
great days.
it is predicted that oil will go $200AB pushing fuel at the pumps over £2.00 a ltr.
some petrol stations are adopting pay and fill because of theft.

Last edited:
I try and maximise my trips away. I fish the Kennet a lot and its a 180 mile round trip. In the summer either 2 or 3 of us share and we go up on Tuesday afternoon and come back Wednesday night. This helps to keep the cost down and make it worthwhile. We camp out on the Tuesday night which costs us nothing.

During the winter we try and share with 3 in the car. We have tried 4 but its a little too much in one car. Cozy though! :)

I am going to let my Ringwood ticket go next season. Throop, and the Severals are nothing to what they used to be, and cost £35 to get there. For the odd trip to the Royalty I can always get a day ticket. That will leave me the Rother and Arun to concentrate on, something I have been promising to do for a couple of years.

Yep, i have to think about the extra cost now.
I'm even sharing my car with GE for a trip to the Avon next week! :eek:

Only joking Graham :D

everything in Sweden is expensive, not if you work there but it's expensive for a visit.

Very True, went there for a Holiday last year, and in Malmo two Latte coffees were about £8.00, I normally leave the little biscuits that come with them, but on principle ate the lot.

However, the Swedes are very nice people, and almost all of them speak very good English,and are very polite............... which is something that you dont see very often these days, even from the locals in England , INNIT.

Dave

Back