• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record Barbel

0001.jpg

21.03 he reckons...funnily enough I just don't believe him

I know for a fact that the Severn record has been well and truly beaten, however the angler involved didn't want their patch involved in the circus that is "record mania"....the angler has caught the fish twice over 3 years...both times above the current record....and yet they barely see another angler on the same stretch. Proof indeed that loose lips sink ships

I know for a fact that the Severn record has been well and truly beaten, however the angler involved didn't want their patch involved in the circus that is "record mania"....the angler has caught the fish twice over 3 years...both times above the current record....and yet they barely see another angler on the same stretch. Proof indeed that loose lips sink ships
That'll be Jeff Collins then eh.

He said he'd caught it twice Terry. Jeff would have caught it at least three times, once even in the depth of midwinter, snow on the ground, frost in the air, and the Himalayan balsam in full bloom. ;)
You're just a bloody cynic Jonny. "Things are not always what they appear to be" (Wittgenstein, from) or there's ... mony a mickle maks a muckle" (Rab C. Nesbitt)

Is the ship reference a clue, Kevin? :D

Back