• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record Barbel

Hi men ,

I heard about this but was waiting to confirm the river it came from 😉.

Screenshot_20191203-101823.png

Hatter

God awful picture.

How can you catch a fish of such magnitude and get such a turd shot? That fish would have some serious proportions and the picture does it no justice whatsoever.

I know its bad to knock such captures on the internet and Im not doing that really just knocking the rubbish picture.

Congratulations to the captor ✌

Clearly caught a while ago if it's been ratified! Amazing capture and while not the best photo, definitely shows a beast of a fish.

What a belter!
Yes I think if that was sitting in my hands I’d of gotten a much better picture of that wonderful fish showing it’s huge dimensions to give idea of scale. It may very well never be seen again
Well done that man. Fish of a life time.

Fantastic achievement and very exciting news! Well done to the captor.

I wonder if he'll regret not taking that church out of the photo...I'd have positioned myself somewhere a little more nondescript I think.

I'd like to think, or rather I hope, that he's photo-shopped the church spire into the background to send the circus on a wild goose chase.

Hi men,

It's not a criticism of the bloke , because I think for history and records it's good to know , but with claiming comes much more .

Better than the crap that's going on in carp fishing at the mo , where you can book a lake at great expense ( the Fen) , and catch 70lb + fish that will not be accepted as a record 🙄, it's a mess .

Hatter

Back