• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Recommended footwear

Jameel Khan

Hi all was wondering can anyone recommend a good pair of ankle type boots . I've been looking and clearly alot to choose from . I don't mind paying out a little as i think more often than not it's worth it in the end . As warm as it was at times last year i spent the summer in wellies . Any help choosing will be appreciated and a massive help , thanks .

These are what I wear can’t recommend them enough there lovely in winter and still fine in the summer there not cheap but quality is what your getting

Attachments

• 76B426D8-A5A4-42DB-AAF2-F4BF9800DE6A.jpeg
    76B426D8-A5A4-42DB-AAF2-F4BF9800DE6A.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 198
Thankyou all for your tme and feedback . It was just something light , ankle high and waterproof i'm after . Seen loads , and all with mixed reviews . Again thankyou all , greatly appreciated .

On the bank, I wear a pair of Salomon Quest GTX boots, which I find good for the job.

Getting to and from the river, I wear these.
IMG_2875.JPG

What a tart..........

Try here some real bargains for excellent boots

I have a pair of Meindl Bhutan walking boots and they are very comfortable. I treat mine with some leather conditioning cream once a year and it keeps them waterproof and supple. They are quite pricey, but if you look around you can sometimes find them on offer. I got mine from Go Outdoors a few years ago when they were in a summer sale.

I haven't tried the shorter muckboots but they look good. If they're as good as the higher models, it's money well spent.
They are good Rich as are the grubs version which you can usually can usually pick up a little cheaper. I get through them quickly walking the dog, they usually start to perish after a year or so. Hence the move to jack pyke this time.

Last edited:
Have a look at prologic Max 5 boots. They do an ankle and high leg boot. I use the ankle for summer and the high for winter. Superb boots and buy with confidence.

Back