• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Recommendation for 10ft pike rod

If the pockets are deep enough I don’t think you’ll find a finer rod for that job than a DLST p2.
I have 1 with a second arriving any day now and they are absolutely wonderful for flicking baits into small/medium rivers, drains and canals. This is the first autumn winter I’ve pike fished in many years and I’ve been having some amazing fun on that little rod since mid October. Nothing huge to report yet but 4 doubles and countless jacks.
Biggest this season so far was a 16,07 out the cam 2 weeks ago on it.
it’s one of those rods that it doesn’t matter what size the fish is, everything you hook is really good fun.

I have been using the Korum Opportunist 10ft 2.25's for the last couple of years, for my pike and zander fishing, and very happy with them for the money.

I have been using the Korum Opportunist 10ft 2.25's for the last couple of years, for my pike and zander fishing, and very happy with them for the money.
I personally wouldn’t want it as a dedicated river dead bait rod simply because it comes fitted with those light weight minima guides.
I’d want far more durable rings and big ones to crank a stop knott through effortlessly.

I personally wouldn’t want it as a dedicated river dead bait rod simply because it comes fitted with those light weight minima guides.
I’d want far more durable rings and big ones to crank a stop knott through effortlessly.
That's a really good point - I've used several heavier barbel rods for opportunistic piking that will give you a great fight but the eyes are too small for stop knots - happened to me last time out.
All Lumby rods are great if you want a rod to last
If I'm roving with a float i use a 2.5tc chimera , as you say great fight from all sizes and if a biggun comes along just hang on and let it bend.

Understandable, however i have unfortunately lost a fish with the braid slicing on a cracked ceramic liner on another rod in the past, and as my gear does get alot of hammer, and use, these tick all my boxes for the money they cost.

If the pockets are deep enough I don’t think you’ll find a finer rod for that job than a DLST p2.
I have 1 with a second arriving any day now and they are absolutely wonderful for flicking baits into small/medium rivers, drains and canals. This is the first autumn winter I’ve pike fished in many years and I’ve been having some amazing fun on that little rod since mid October. Nothing huge to report yet but 4 doubles and countless jacks.
it’s one of those rods that it doesn’t matter what size the fish is, everything you hook is really good fun.
Couldn't agree more. Cracking rods. Use mine on my local 20ft and other drains. Absolutely perfect tool for the job👍

Thanks for the reply’s what the time scale Uluru normally wait for a rod off dave I know saves around £200 but don’t really want to wait to long want one in the next week would pay around £120 for of the shelf rod or more for right rod

saw Richards Dave lumb pike rod first hand last weekend impressive bit of kit 👍

saw Richards Dave lumb pike rod first hand last weekend impressive bit of kit 👍
It’s very light in one hand. So light in fact you could probably pull a 16 stone lump out the river while holding it .......... with a pike on too.
you’ve got serious skills Terry !!! 😉

Thanks for the reply’s what the time scale Uluru normally wait for a rod off dave I know saves around £200 but don’t really want to wait to long want one in the next week would pay around £120 for of the shelf rod or more for right rod
It will be a while mate. All builders are up to their neck in it at the moment and Harrison blanks are like hens teeth coming out the factory I’m told.
dave had my p2 blank in stock and that was ordered over a month ago. I told him not to rush and it will be done when it’s done. You’ve got no chance of getting a Harrison built this side of Christmas from anywhere I’d say unless it’s already sitting there built.
dave has got a pair of p1’s on his page ready to go but these are a little longer and more powerful.
P1 is probably the best “all round””do anything” pike rod on the planet. It literally will do pretty much anything well.

It will be a while mate. All builders are up to their neck in it at the moment and Harrison blanks are like hens teeth coming out the factory I’m told.
dave had my p2 blank in stock and that was ordered over a month ago. I told him not to rush and it will be done when it’s done. You’ve got no chance of getting a Harrison built this side of Christmas from anywhere I’d say unless it’s already sitting there built.
dave has got a pair of p1’s on his page ready to go but these are a little longer and more powerful.
P1 is probably the best “all round””do anything” pike rod on the planet. It literally will do pretty much anything well.
I can vouch for that. I ordered a particular Harrison blank on the 6th July and my rod builder only received the blank last week!!!!!!!.

Yes I waited nearly 3 months for my pair of recent torrixes from mark Tunley
That was a combination of hold ups between the blanks from Harrison and the rings from Fuji. 🤦‍♂️

Richard.... I suppose under the special circumstances we're living under delays are to be expected. Still frustrating though!!. My blank was a 1.25 Avon/quiver for Chub.

Back