• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rapidex

Philip Webb

I have been given a Rapidex in very good condition but it does have quite a bit of play on the spindle.
Is it possible to get a replacement ?
Phil.W

Last edited:
I cannot imagine that it needs anything but adjustment. Is the play side-to-side as in wobble, or in-and-out?

Gary Mills would likely give it the once over, but it'll cost you (no disrespect to Gary, or his prices). Does the play affect the working of the reel?

paul4

Hi Paul
I adjusted the screw inthe centre boss to remove in and out movement,but there is still a pronounced side to side wobble.If you spin the reel you can hear it rub somewhere now and again.It possibly would not affect the ways it fishes but I am a bit out of my comfort zone here.
Phil.W

Phil

It could be that the pin is bent, can you setect a wobble if you spin it and look at it sideways? But to be honest I'd think it would have to have been very heavily abused for a bent pin.

Worth immersing in soapy water and ensure it's clean, it's surprising how a small piece of grit can make a noise. Rinse well, dab dry with kitchen towel and place in airing cupboard. Then lubricate the pin.

paul4

Hi Paul
the reel spins perfectly true when viewed from any angle,I have given it a good clean as you suggested but there is still a slight rub.
The spool has a definate rock when moved side to side holding the front of the spool.
It does not look as if it has had that much use with very little paint loss but still has a bit of a wobble.
Phil.W

Hi men ,

You could try replacing ............................................................................................It with a really nice baitrunner :D :p :p!.

Hatter

Back