• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Question for Chimera 3 owners

Last winter old Shimano 4000 GT baitrunners, this year Okuma 6000 Inc.

I'm using 15lb line and need plenty of it - in case I hook a very large carp.

I have some Shimano 4000 super GT reels that I use on Chimers 2's, but I want something a bit bigger on the 3's.

Shimano XT 6000RB on mine with 18lb braid. No particular reason for that combination, just got the one Chimera 3 and had that reel doing nothing, the set up would stop a tank though.

Look for a reel of around 450g - 550g and you’ll find it feels really sweet on a C3 or equivalent type power rod.
Good point about weight Richard. Clipped up a 5000XTEA to one and it didn't feel balanced at all. Plus I'm not used to more powerful rods, a 2lb Torrix has been my limit up to now and the C3 is just a different beast as you know.

Good point about weight Richard. Clipped up a 5000XTEA to one and it didn't feel balanced at all. Plus I'm not used to more powerful rods, a 2lb Torrix has been my limit up to now and the C3 is just a different beast as you know.
Yeah they are. I’d of thought the xtea would be ideal but never owned one….. are they very light?

Back