• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Question....2 X Delkim plus but alarms white/blue led

Hurgen Akindji

Hi all.
Wanted to put these up for sale but thought I'd get your advice first.

I think the connectors have corroded. Apart from that in really good condition.
Don't have a clue about how to go about replacing the connectors.
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Also how much would they go for?
Thanks in advance
IMG20230322151018.jpg
IMG20230322151109.jpg
IMG20230322150935.jpg
IMG20230322150941.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230322151018.jpg
    IMG20230322151018.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 61
If you go on Amazon, you can buy a pair of connectors for £2.75. It is then a case of soldering the new ones in. There are similar alarms on eBay starting at £40.00.

Exactly as Nigel said above, easy job if you can solder a set on. If not just knock a tenna off your price and let it be the new owners problem.

If you don't fancy replacing the connectors, you can remove the corrosion by sprinkling baking powder on the affected area then dabbling the baking powder with a cotton bud tip dipped in lemon juice or vinegar, then clear it off with an old toothbrush. It does work! I did it with a TV remote that had corrosion on the terminal.
Regarding price, I bought an unused same alarm as a spare for £50 last year.

If you don't fancy replacing the connectors, you can remove the corrosion by sprinkling baking powder on the affected area then dabbling the baking powder with a cotton bud tip dipped in lemon juice or vinegar, then clear it off with an old toothbrush. It does work! I did it with a TV remote that had corrosion on the terminal.
Regarding price, I bought an unused same alarm as a spare for £50 last year.
Cheers mate. Forgot about the baking powder+vinegar combo.
I'll give it a go

Back