• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Quality Baits?

John Cook

Hi All,

Just a quickie any of you guys getting your bait needs from Quality Baits? I used them donkeys years ago just wondered how their quality was now? A company that has had a bad reputation over the years but they sell most things at a good price.

Anybody?

Looking at Paul Cooper's blog the bait seems very good. I tried to buy some of the HG boilies a couple of years ago, John, but there was something wrong with my order - in that, although I'd specified shelf life on the Paypal transaction, the guy couldn't find where I'd put it. After a couple of protracted emails I kind of gave up. If their ordering has become easier, probably worth a shot. I'm going to try again in the autumn.

they have a shop that opens on Saturdays, I've been over a few times, I found them to be really helpful, the first time I placed an ordered on the internet I rang them first of to make sure the prices were up to date etc which gave me a chance to sounds them out if you know what I mean

I ordered the HG boilies and later the patshull? squid and orange boilies and I've no complaints about either

Used to get all my boilie making stuff from them, decent quality and value. Can't be arsed making them any more!

Thanks lads that seems quite positive, Ricky did the Barbel go for the squid and orange? Got to be worth a go at their prices......

Thank You for that info Ricky.

I have used Quality Baits since its inception years ago, the original baits (some of which are still produced) were formulated by John Cooper now the proprietor of Pyramid Baits, I have never had a problem with them the prices are fairly reasonable and they certainly catch fish.

Back