• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

PVA mesh

Stephen Crowhurst

Hi guys,
I’ve used 12m of PVA mesh so far this year, in half a dozen sessions, I can’t see how but there we go. It’s sold in 6m refill packs which retail at about £6 a pop. So I’m looking at alternative sources, I see you can get 10m refills on eBay, are these any good or is the break down dodgey etc looking for experience’s here.
Cheers.

Hi Stephen,
Plenty to be had in bulk from the internet, and it works out much cheaper, I bought some two seasons ago and still have plenty left, in fact I buy most of my terminal tackle in bulk, it saves running out and the struggle of going to tackle shops to find they don't have what you want.
I do in fact buy bulk from the shops when its in stock.
The break down rate is quicker in warmer water, but I have not had much of a problem in the winter.
Brian.

Stephen,
I can highly recommend PVA Products Ltd. I’ve been using them now for the last three years or so. If you keep an eye on them on eBay you can get some great deals. There is a deal on Amazon at the moment for 100 yds for £29:00 and I think it’s the same company but for starters take a look at:
Regards
Bill

Cheers guys, I didn’t want to pick up something that ended up not working.
Brian, hope you and T are well, not seen you about this year yet.

PVA products for me too. Just ordered off ebay and got 3 x 8mtr. refills for the price of 2, for only £7.98. That's about 33p per metre.

Yes Pva products for me as well. I would prefer local tackle dealer but the price difference can be staggering

I like the hard to get hold of SLOW MELT mesh

Rig it Tackle is the best out there , there online , postage is a pound max for as many as you need

Back