• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Problem with this site

Stephen Scaysbrook

Is anyone else having problems.. Every time Click on something on this site other pages from other web sites open. Have I been hacked or has BFW been hacked??.
Anyone any idea how I can stop this happening.

Hi men ,

BFW are aware , and are in the process of fixing it , what people get out of doing it I dont know . Men with small wotsits sitting at computers with nothing better to do , mind you , glad they aint out fishing where i do :D

Hatter

Hi all,

Sorry about this - the site has had some malicious code injected which is firing these pop ups when you click on a forum page link. I'm currently talking with my server host in an effort to get it all cleaned up.

More soon...

Andy F

I returned from holiday on Monday night, and didn't get a chance to log on until yesterday. The odd thing is that I then had no issues at all with these pop up ads that others experienced. I say odd because usually, if there is something going around that can give you issues on your pc, I get it.....with bells on :D. Perhaps it took pity on me because of the dire things that happened to my wife on our holiday. Or perhaps not...wishful thinking there methinks :p

Cheers, Dave.

Hi all,

We think that we've got rid of the malicious code. If you're still seeing problems with nasty pop ups, please could you try clearing your browser cache of cookies and images and files to see if that fixes things. Please let me know if not at andyf@barbel.co.uk

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Andy

I've now updated to the latest version of vbulletin. As part of the upgrade some links to images seem to have broken :(

I've managed to fix most but some are still broken. If there are any vbulletin experts out there, I'd love some help!!

The main thing is that the pop ups seem to have stopped.

I've temporarily had to suspend the gallery uploading feature as this may have been how the hack happened :(

I'm in desperate need of PHP expertise, so if anyone could help, or knows anyone that can, it would be hugely appreciated. I wouldn't expect it as a freebie...

Thanks,

Andy

Can't understand why some mindless ***** get pleasure from hacking into sites. All i can think is they are sexually deprived playing with themselves each day. I ask them is the person to person contact so hard that you can't meet anyone of the same breed as yourself.

Back