• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Prescription sunglesses

Graham Hunt

Prescription sunglasses

There was a thread on here about a year ago extolling the virtues of Driverwear lenses for fishing.

I got a pair of prescription ones from Specsavers in time for last season. Coupled with titanium frames they were expensive at about £200 IIRC.
They really are excellent lenses though, being polarising and reactive to light levels.

The only problem is i lost them in the sea on holiday. I wish to replace them, but want to avoid another expensive loss. Specsavers selection of frames is limited and i was hoping for a more sporty, wraparound type frame which would be much less likely to come off.

I know there are a few fans who post on here - has anyone got a solution for me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Graham,
it was probably me singing the praises of Drivewear lenses. I did get mine through Specsavers. However, I was less than impressed with the selection of frames available through them so I bought the frames elsewhere. The company I bought frames from were www.pretavoir.co.uk, They were as cheap as I could find the Rayban frames I wanted and the service was first class. If they did the Drivewear lenses, I'd have happily had them supply the lenses too.

https://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/barbel-talk/6217-drivewear-polarised-glasses.html

I've used spex4less before and they've been pretty good. Seem to be able to get something from the sale range with perscription and poloroid lense for about 100... Having said that, i currently use some i got from specsavers, and they're excellent.

Back