• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Premium clothing brands

I ended up getting some new layers;

Merino wool thermals and socks - not cheap but warm light and very breathable
A micro fleece
Mamut hooded Polartec fleece very warm breathable and wind proof but was £100
An ecws gore tex over coat from eBay around £89 so far I've been very warm and dry but I think I will still invest in the Harilka if the very cold weather gets here otherwise I may just get some decent trousers and that will do me!

My dad gave me his musto jacket yesterday, it's an absolutely beautiful bit of schmutter that I'll have to go out and try tomorrow.

Reviving a very old thread. Can anyone vouch for this jacket?

I am fed up with gear lasting a couple of seasons and shipping water.

Cheers

Steve

I'd also like to give a heads up to the John Norris shop and Seeland clothing. Had a fair few shirts starting about 4 yrs ago, brilliant quality, I don't think I've even lost a button so far. I'm currently sitting here at home wearing a Seeland fleece waistcoat and a Seeland fleece lined shirt and the heating is OFF. I'd be sweating if it wasn't! Bought all from Norris at sale prices about £25 each reduced from around £70 for the fleece and £50 the shirts.
Get on Norris's email list and you'll get regular notifications.
They'll often have a one or two day flash sale with 10 or 20% off everything.
Bargain of the year for me has been a Guideline fly rod (RRP £360 ish) a Guideline reel and a Norris line for £161 delivered.
This was a lockdown special 1/2 price including reel and line. There's something similar coming up soon with a new range.
Thoroughly recommended the shop and the products.

A little off subject but.....
As someone who has a lower back ( and kidneys that don't like being cold ) issue, I recently bought a elasticated lower back support with a woven copper insert in a bid to prevent 'issues' in that area. It only cost £7.00 on line and the copper inserts leave my back nicely 'toasted'. I have no idea how this works but it does.
Sorry if I have wandered off piste a little but hope this might help other oldies who are a little 'delicate' these days.....
Regards,
G.T.

Back