• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Power Pro red

Chris Bracey

I use the usual moss green version but have seen a number of articles about fish not being able to see red on the colour spectrum.....so

has anyone used powerpro red, or does anyone use any red coloured line and if you do do you tink it increases numbers of bites/fish?

All depends on whether you like fishing with black line. As they cannot perceive red, a red object will appear some other hue, probably a dark grey. It will not be invisible

Chris

I have red on one of my c'pins, and have tried it on many occasions, but cannot honestly say it made any difference one way or another.

paul4

If fish can't see RED then why do we use RED maggots to try and catch them??.

Being an ex RN diver, red goes out of the spectrum at around 9 metres underwater, it then starts to get really boring from then on unless artificial light is being used ie a torch. At 80m down its reminescent of the moon......... Shades of grey. So at moderate depths of 5m or less red will be seen.

Last edited:
Gawd help us...first we had the persistent old wives tale that anything coloured red became invisible as soon as you chucked it in a river or lake, and now we have a variant which claims fish can't see red anyway :rolleyes:

Thank heaven we have a professional like Jon to dispel that particular bit of nonsense before it gets a grip :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Back