• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Power Pro Braid

I have used PP for years for bream fishing, after a couple of sessions it sinks very easily, especially with some Fairy wash liquid added. As far as i am aware its either neutral or sinking IMO.

I have used PP for years for bream fishing, after a couple of sessions it sinks very easily, especially with some Fairy wash liquid added. As far as i am aware its either neutral or sinking IMO.

I use it in 65lb and 50lb for dead baiting and find the same, very good stuff, sinks easily enough when ledgering.

I've put some 30lb on a spare spool to try for Barbel this season.

30lb PP thats all i use Bob, for Barbelling, superb stuff.

Beware of imitations, there's been a few about, if it seems too cheap to be true it probably is.

The good thing about braid, it lasts for years and works out cheaper than mono in the long run. I wouldn't use it on the tidal Trent though:rolleyes:

Beware of imitations, there's been a few about, if it seems too cheap to be true it probably is.

The good thing about braid, it lasts for years and works out cheaper than mono in the long run. I wouldn't use it on the tidal Trent though:rolleyes:

why not the TT Bob, never had a problem with it.

being using P.P last few seasons but decieded to go back to mono Big game 12lb for its abrasive qualitys more suited for the Wye with its rocky bottoms .

Back