• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Powapacs - Avoid !

It’s great Ian and the usual power banks can’t get near em because of the speed they charge at themselves.
On the 5 ah battery it’s around 1 full iphone and a bit charge per fuel lamp on the battery so 4-5 charges before the battery needs charging which as you’ll know, takes 25minsView attachment 22981
Looks a little bulky for my tackle bag, but you can't argue with a 25 min charge time.

Looks a little bulky for my tackle bag, but you can't argue with a 25 min charge time.
Dimensionally it’s probably not a lot different to a big power bank. Taller but shorter.
Obviously you can reduce the height by using smaller batteries.
For me it’s irrelevant because if I’m taking a power bank fishing then I’m doing at least 24hours on the bank and I’ll be packing accordingly to suit so an extra inch taller….. not gonna make any odds at all….for me that is.

If you want the best use a cordless drill battery and an adapter.
I use one of my Milwaukee 4/5ah batteries and I’ll easily get 5 full phone charges out of 1 battery. Done it for years the batteries are bomb proof.
Best thing is they charge to full capacity in 25 mins
Yep. I use the Ryobi version so it will do all my home tools as well. Very quick to charge the batteries. 25 quid for the USB attachment.

There is also a makita version for those that use makita

Back