• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Posting Rods

Damian Kimmins

I have an abundance of fishing rods that I'd like to get rid of but on last advertising them on the Classified section on here, I found great difficulty in getting the things posted, to the point which I gave up. I notice however no shortage of those still selling rods.
Has anyone any advice on posting these things - who have you used in the past and how much did it cost you?

Regards

Damian Kimmins

Parcel Link
even come and collect. I use their services for all sorts of work stuff, and have sent out two lots of rods without any problems, just make sure they are in decent tubes and well wrapped up.

Have a look at this thread from last month.

I used Pete's Parcel Link above. Cost about a tenner I think to send a rod via TNT.

I can't advise on rod tubes. I've bought a couple of rods in the past from online retailers and kept the tubes they came in.

Never had a problem with parcel force 48 hour (door to door), and I've shifted a few rods in my time on ebay etc

Hermes are supposed to be very good and cheap and will pick up from you!!!

Rod Tubes

The best ones are carpet roll tubes as they are stronge, sometimes you get them for nothing from carpet shops etc. Does not cost any more than sending plastic ones

Mike

Anyone near to christchurch is welcome to come into Davis Tackle and pick up suitable cardboard rod tubes for free.

Many thanks for the advice guys, I should be able to start finding the little room.

Regards

Damian

Hi Keith, I advertised them both on here and the For Sale section of the BS website.

Damian

Back