• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Posting rods

Terry Harman

Senior Member & Supporter
At this current time is there anyway to post rods I have a normak and a free spirit I want to put in the classifieds

The last carrier I used was UPSToday who collected from home. Suggest you check on their site if they are still doing this. The cost was about £18 for a two piece 12' rod.
What free spirit are you selling Terry ?

As of 3 days a go Parcelforce were shipping rods as I sent 3 which they delivered , albeit a bit late to UK destinations. Terry , don't know how long your rods are , longer items reduce your choice of courier and the price goes up , put your dimensions in to ''parcel to go'' or ''Interparcel'' and get a quote .

Last edited:
Always use Royal Mail for 2 piece rods but have to drop off so can’t do that I’ll look at ups
Free spirit is an 11ft barbel tamer 1.5 tc
The normark is an original 11ft 6” fast feeder mint with original cloth bag

Terry , as I said google Parcel to go or interparcel which are brokers , you can then find out which courier will ship the length of rod you have and which courier will do home pick up[ most do ] . I suspect you will find cheaper than UPS as recently they massively hiked their prices

Just had a quick look, quote from Interparcel for a tube 175 cms x8cms x8cms 1kg in weight , cheapest £18.12 TNT or Tufnells both pick up , you will need a printer for the labels

Just had a quick look, quote from Interparcel for a tube 175 cms x8cms x8cms 1kg in weight , cheapest £18.12 TNT or Tufnells both pick up , you will need a printer for the labels
It's a lot isn't it? Probably makes posting rod even less viable, must be a few years since I posted one.

In some cases its cheaper to post a rod overseas than to send one within the UK , make sense of that one ! UPS were my go to courier for years until one day they literally doubled their prices with no reason given , there vans didn't seem to have shrunk therefore making it impossible to accommodate a 6ft tube , weird ....

IV recently used tnt booked through a website called interparcel. They can pick up the same day you book if early enough and the rods can be delivered to the customer by the next day.

I highly recommend Transglobalexpress. They are excellent. I recently sent a rod through them and typed the wrong postcode in (doh!) and their customer service was brilliant about it and changed it for me straight away. Best I've used.

Back