• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Porky Pig.

Andy Bridgeman

Mate of mine is flogging some of his tack to fund his Boozy ways,hence for 30 quid i bought his Mark 1 Daiwa Porky Pig 13 foot heavy feeder rod.Its 3 piece and has a casting weight of 3 ounce stamped on.Just wondered if anyone has any info on these rods and are/where they any good.
Ta

They were a top match feeder rod mainly used on the Trent and other big rivers , think most of the trent anglers had them in the mid 80's to early 90's

used to fish with someone who fished for barbel all the time with it, it's was a very good rod.
is it a bluey blank, a while back now.

Good rods mate and still useful imho. In the days before mass produced barbel rods, they were the dogs for feeder fishing on the severn. :)

Its blue near the butt running into charcoal with purple and red whippings.First impressions suggest its a nice rod and could be very useful,making a nice change from Barbel specific or Specimen rods.My mate informed me it has a parabolic action.He used it as a river rod mainly for slabbing.

andy, like the lads said , good rods in there day,

Best thing you can do is bin it :D........... only joking, iv heard they were the dogs in the day but never seen one or used one mate. Nip down the trent and give it a go mate.

As Paul said they were the rod of choice for the Severn 20 years ago, never had the pleasure of using one though.
Sentiment sells on ebay, give it a go.

Back