• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Polaroid Glasses???

Hi men ,

With Ian on the second ones , cheap enough to buy 2 sets , and the colour of the lens we find perfect.

hatter

i need prescription lenses so i go with optilabs.

www.optilabs.com

In summer, they are the most essential bit of kit as far as I'm concerned. Have helped me catch lots of extra fish I'm sure I otherwise wouldn't have known were there. And I have often stood shoulder to shoulder with mates who are wearing other brands and been seeing fish they can't pick out at all.

They aren't cheap, but as with all things, you get what you pay for.

The rim of the ESP glasses are also stronger than alot of other plastic ones on the market. I brake glasses like they are going out of fashion...not these.

Last edited:
I, like David, am an optilabs wearer. They are superb glasses, I have the 'Panther' frames and reduce glare amazingly due to the shields around the frame.

Wouldnt swap them for anything!

Cheers
Adam

Optilabs for me - excellent glasses. Expensive but when you compare them with cheaper alternatives the difference is noticeable.
I too have the Panther.
Cheers
Bob

"I go through about 3 pairs a season......"

Does that mean you break 3 pairs Andy?

Optilabs for me too, vitually unbreakable.As long as your eyes don't change(prescription) they last for years.

Got a pair of the ESP black framed brown lens ones at the start of the season for the money i think that they are brilliant good fit and a nice lens......Highly recommended:)

Personally I would steer clear of the "Polaroid" fishing glasses that were launched a a couple of years ago they have an inherent weakness in the frame, after three replacement pairs i gave up and got a pair of ESP,s!

I've got Optilabs, though I managed to break them! I had to fork out another 60 quid for a new frame!

I'm going to order some of the Precision glasses for the BFW shop. I've a pair that I wore last summer, and they really are very good. Very comfortable, good lenses and very reasonably priced...

Cheers,

Andy F

I got a pair of Bolle wraprounds from a firm called spex4less a couple of years ago for about £130 (prescription lens).Cracking pair of shades & unlike some of the Optilabs cool enough to wear away from the bank :cool: :D

Back