• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Polaris floats. Anyone got any,

I had loads, sold most but if you are looking for something specific give me a shout. I use 90s versions mostly now. If anyone fancies trying them I have a nice step by step guide I did for a pal.

I had loads, sold most but if you are looking for something specific give me a shout. I use 90s versions mostly now. If anyone fancies trying them I have a nice step by step guide I did for a pal.
I ordered the carp no2 waggler

They are for early June onwards when the lake has a lot of inside floating weed and if the wind is wrong it can cover 15 yards out.

I ordered the carp no2 waggler

They are for early June onwards when the lake has a lot of inside floating weed and if the wind is wrong it can cover 15 yards out.
I have those. They rise fine. If you are planning to chuck that far suggest you look at a more buoyant float but then it depends on what you are fishing for. As a general rule, the more buoyant IE the bigger the bulb, the quicker they are to rise. As a tip if anyone has some broken Polaris, premier do a set of 3 large slider floats. Take the bottom off, lightly drill out then glue the frixon in and seal with nail polish when dry. Magic!

Hi Mike. Going back to our recent discussion about heli rids, I received yesterday 5 old polaris floats which I bought, all new, on ebay.
One in particular is a canal float. The writing and picture on the instructions caught my eye. I suspect this is a type of the first ever made, 1970/80's. You will see shot, so if in those days it was deemed ok, why not a heli between two stops.
Just a thought.

Attachments

• early polaris info.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 103
Back