• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Poich

Will Barnard

Well, it's time for me to wake from my summertime fishing funk. Perch of course are on my mind and I've started perhaps a bit too early. Giving dropshotting a really good go and to enhance the success all the more, the three decent fish resulting from three short sessions have all been on new waters to me. The result being a massive confidence in the method.

IMG_1193.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

3lb2oz.jpg

I've been fishing a venue and catching decent sized perch since April this year. I've had them to just shy of two and a half pounds (others have had bigger). The weird thing is that, for the last month or so, they've vanished, along with the hordes of tiddlers. Perverse place all round really, bright sunny days always seem to give the best chance when they are there. I'd love to know what's going on.:confused:

Cracking fish matey, havent started my poich campaign yet (november for me), but very much looking foward to it.

atb

Paul

Oh Steve, you've asked now. On the hp right now but I'll come back with a fair insight later in the week.

Chris, if the perch have been under a lot of angling pressure, they will certainly move.

Chris, if the perch have been under a lot of angling pressure, they will certainly move.

Luckily they get very little hammer. Unfortunately, it's a big deep water with very little in the way of feature so they've got lots of space to vanish into and boat loads of natural food.

Nice fish guys, fancy some of that, a winter of diversity coming up, got some big pike to have a go at, decent perch not very far away, and barbel when the mood and weather are right!
peter

Graham,

I did struggle to see it in the keeper ring; think that perch decided it was gonna mess that bleaks hair up. :D

Gonna try a bit harder for my first three this season; really looking forward to it.

atb Paul

Back